Thursday, February 12, 2009

porrkk!!!!!

I forgot to write bout the pork dish I made on Tuesday night!!!

sometimes it does stink to cook just for myself but when I work on creating a recipe and it comes out great I sort of forget that I ate it alone in my attic.

I bought a pork tenderloin that I thought was on sale but it turnedbout not to be. so I over spent but I still wanted to enjoy it.

after researching some ideas I was inspired by the idea of a braise and also using a mustard marinade. mark bittman's recipe used Dijon and curry powder on the pork.

I did that but used champagne shallot Dijon. I seared it and then put it in a pan with chicken broth, more mustard, garlic cloves and cherry tomatos. I wish I had put even more mustard and more curry for a stronger flavor but in the end the juice was soooo good and the pork was soft and delicious.

I roasted some winter squash and that was great with the juice as well. so yummmmm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment