Sunday, February 8, 2009

fried chicken, no burns

I have been craving fried chicken foe pretty much my entire life.

today I made some!!!!!!!!! it was my first time frying anything and I would say it was a success. my first batch burned even though I followed mark bittman's temperature directions exactly.

it stilltasted lovely and my next two batches were PERFECT. I first marinated the chicken in buttermilk, cayenne, thyme, salt and pepper. then just flour to coat.

the crunch was magnificent and the taste was pretty good but I wished I'd used more spice.

I feel pretty icky now. tooooooooo fatty fat.

while I love fried chicken I think I will only eat salad.

here is a poem about the experience.

the crispy chicken
bubbles and spats
crunches. spices.
fat
grease
fat
crispy greens will follow

No comments:

Post a Comment