Sunday, April 19, 2009

farm fresh eggs

so I admit it, I have jumped on the farm fresh, local food, organic bandwagon (except I adore potato chips with gloppy onion dip and other wonderous fatty processes foods) but let's be serious, the farm fresh, slow food movement has merit and isn't merely a trend. also it is delicious.

anyway, it occurred to me that upstate new York is full of farms and I adore visiting farms! I did some research today and learned that I can get fresh milk and cottage cheese, pasture raised chicken and lamb, organic veggies, pick your own berries and eggs all within 15 miles of my house! I am desperately excited to eat all of this and check out all these spots. if apple picking is so amazing in the fall I can only imagine how great visiting these other farms aml summer will be.

I'm also really craving a juicy grass fed steak.

ps I made some amazing asparagus dill soup the other day. my pee still stinks

No comments:

Post a Comment